Deadline extended to Saturday October 5th.
Audition to be a soloist in your favourite repertoire!
T.O.P. Orchestra is looking for young soloists for a concert on June 13th, 2020 in Leiden, conducted by Dominic Seldis. The programme will consist of a series of performances by instrumentalists and vocalists who have chosen the repertoire themselves. In other words, you have carte blanche!
You now have the chance to audition for this concert.
– We are looking for soloists between 14 up to and including 20 years old.
– You can play for a maximum of 15 minutes.
– The orchestration can maximally be of standard romantic (not too large) size.
– You can also play part of a larger work or multiple shorter works.
– Repertoire with copyright is discouraged.
– We encourage repertoire with relatively rare solo instruments and combinations of instruments/voice parts .
– A piano as a solo instrument is unfortunately excluded.
You can think of repertoire like:
– Bach – a violin concerto
– Beethoven – concert aria ‘Ah! perfido’
– Elgar – Romance for bassoon and orchestra
– Busoni – Concertino for clarinet and orchestra
– Richard Strauss – parts of the oboe concerto
– Glazunov – Saxophone concerto
– Holst – Fugal concerto for flute, oboe and orchestra
– Vaughan Williams – Four Hymns for tenor, viola and strings
– Bruch – Adagio on Celtic themes for cello and orchestra
– Rimsky-Korsakov – Trombone concerto
– Rosetti – Concerto for two horns and orchestra
– Vivaldi – Concerto for two mandolines and strings
Submit your idea by Saturday October 5th, 2019, the latest, to email@example.com. Briefly introduce yourself and explain why you want to perform the repertoire you are thinking of. Also send us (e.g., use Wetransfer) a video recording of you playing that work or another work. We invited selected candidates for auditions (October 26th and 27th in Leiden ). For questions, email/call firstname.lastname@example.org/06-34355166.
We are looking forward to receiving your submissions!
Greetings from the T.O.P. Orchestra