(For information about sponsoring, please scroll down.)
Cooperation between T.O.P. Orchestra and Nanagen String orchestra from Tokyo (2019)
In the past years, String Orchestra Nanagen from Tokyo gave concerts in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam three times. In March 2019, they return, this time for a collaboration with the T.O.P. Orchestra. Uniquely, their visit will be answerd by a visit from the T.O.P. Orchestra to Tokyo in July of the same year. This establishes a unique artistic collaboration between cultures geographically far apart, a great learning opportunity for orchestra members, conductor, soloists and the two orchestras’ boards. The project will be led by conductor Kent Moussault.
With this project we aim to:
- bridge two cultures that are (artistically) far apart;
- stimulate careers of the conductor, soloists and orchestra members;
- advance the cultural awareness of participants;
- take up a new challenge as an orchesta and orchestra board.
The two orchestras will first rehearse separately in their own country. This is followed by a collective rehearsal week leading up to the concerts. The program is as follows:
- W. A. Mozart: Sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra;
- W. A. Mozart: Symphony no. 29;
- E. Grieg: Holberg suite;
- Melle Heij: commission based on music from the famous German-Dutch Japan expert Philipp von Siebold.
In Mozart’s Sinfonia concertante, the violin soloist will be from Japan and the viola soloist from the Netherlands.
Dates and locations:
- March 29th, 2019 – Leiden;
- March 31st, 2019 – Concertgebouw, Amsterdam;
- between July 22nd and August 5th, 2019 – Toppan Hall, Tokyo.
Sponsors are needed to make this project possible. This will allow us to finance the journey to Japan. In return for their cooperation, sponsors enjoy priviliges such as:
- publicity among possibly thousands of concert and website visitors at prime sites in the Netherlands and Tokyo;
- free entrance to concerts;
- private concerts at their organisation.
You can become a principal sponsor for 4000 euros. Other options can be negotiated. If you are interested in sponsoring this project, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a proposal or for more information.