Glass, Brahms and Ebrahimi – sign up for auditions now!
Friday April 23rd, 2021, De Meervaart theater, Amsterdam
Philip Glass – Concerto Grosso
Amin Ebrahimi – Commission
Johannes Brahms – Concerto for violin, cello and orchestra (op. 102)
We are currently looking to fill in the solo parts in Brahms. Violinists and cellists can now sign up for auditions.
- Who? Early-career musicians with soloistic aspirations
- Submit and audition as an existing duo or alone
- Send a short introduction about yourself and a demo recording (any repertoire) to email@example.com by June 30th 2020. We will invite the most suitable candidates for an audition in Leiden in September (details t.b.a.).
- More information: by email (see above) or 06-34355166
We hope to hear from you!
Six young soloists play and sing self-chosen repertoire with orchestra, conducted by Dominic Seldis. A highly varied concert, in which the soloists present themselves to the public often for the first time on this scale.
With mezzo soprano Cashlin Oostindië
Elgar: Sea pictures (mvt. 2 and 4)
Händel: Priva son d’ogni conforto from Giulio Cesare
With soprano Doeschka van Ginkel
Gilbert & Sullivan: The sun whose rays from The Mikado
Vivaldi: Domine deus from Gloria
Mozart: In uomini, in soldati from Cosi fan tutte
With guitarist David Frankel
Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez (mvt. 2)
With flutist Marta Vilaça
Mozart: Flute concerto in G major (mvt. 1)
With violinist Jessica Lukken
Saint-Saens: Introduction et rondo capriccioso
With violinist Lucien Renette
A cooperation between T.O.P. Orchestra and Nanagen String orchestra from Tokyo
In the past years, String Orchestra Nanagen from Tokyo gave concerts in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam three times. In March 2019, they return, this time for a collaboration with the T.O.P. Orchestra. Their visit will be answerd by a visit from the T.O.P. Orchestra to Tokyo in July of the same year. This establishes a unique artistic collaboration between cultures geographically far apart, a great learning opportunity for orchestra members, conductor, soloists and the two orchestras’ boards. The project will be led by conductor Kent Moussault.
- W. A. Mozart: Sinfonia concertante for violin, viola and orchestra;
- W. A. Mozart: Symphony no. 29;
- E. Grieg: Holberg suite;
- Melle Heij: Die Verhüllung, comission based on music from the famous German-Dutch Japan expert Philipp von Siebold.
(For information about sponsoring, see this page.)