April 2018 – Young soloists
On April 15th 2018, 2.00 pm, in the Petruskerk in Leiden, six 14- to 20-year-old soloists get carte blanche! They will perform their favourite concertante repertoire, selected by themselves. It is a great chance for these ambitious musicians to perform as a soloist with an orchestra. It will be a highly varied and fun program, conducted by Aristide Moari.
The program is as follows (in no particular order):
- J. S. Bach – Violin concerto in a. Violin: Ana Brandao (19)
- J. N. Hummel – Bassoon concerto (mvt. 1). Bassoon: Pedro Goncalves (19)
- W. A. Mozart – ‘Fulget amica dies’ and ‘Tu virginum corona’ from Exsultate Jubilate; ‘L’ho perduta me meschina’ from Le nozze di Figaro. G. B. Pergolesi ‘Stizzoso mio stizzoso’ from La serva padrona. Soprano: Rosa Ligtermoet (16)
- A. Vivaldi – Recorder concerto ‘La tempesta di mare’ (RV433), sopranino concerto in C (RV443, mvts. 2 and 3). Recorder/sopranino: Jasperina Verheij (19)
- M. Bruch – Kol Nidrei (arr. for cello and strings). Cello: Isaac Lottman (14)
- K. Ditters von Dittersdorf – Double bass concerto nr. 2 in E. Double bass: Sasha Witteveen (15)
October 2018 – Tchaikovsky and Bruch led by Dominic Seldis
On October 23rd 2018, the Talent op Podium Orchestra will perform a solid program, consisting of (among other works) Tchaikovsky’s piano concerto no. 1 and Max Bruch’s double concerto for clarinet and viola. The concert venue is the beautiful Stadsgehoorzaal in Leiden and will be conducted by Dominic Seldis.